Latest Posts

Beautiful Tollywood Star Swetha Basu Parsad

I am Shweta Basu Prasad. It’s my newly altered name with my mom’s surname included for this film (KBL). Prasad represents the lineage from my dad’s side. I was born in the Steel City of Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) and I came to Mumbai when I was three or four. My mom’s ancestry stretches to West Bengal. I can read and write Bengali. My dad is from Uttar Pradesh and later moved to Delhi. My dad has strong background in the Theatre. At the age of 11, I became a child artiste, making my debut with Makdi. It was written and directed by music composer Vishal Bharadwaj, starring Shabana Azmi as witch. I played the dual role in that film. It got me National Award (The Best Child Artiste) and I received it from the then President APJ Abdul Kalam. That time I was 12. At the age of 14, I did Iqbal, a Nagesh Kukunoor’s film produced by Subash Ghai film, entirely shot in and around Tenali. I did another film in Bengali with Mithun Chakravarthy. And this (KBL) is my first film as heroine. I will be turning 18 in January next year.
In fact, I never took any training for acting in films. Even during my childhood and schooldays too, I was not used to it. But, I felt the passion for films naturally. Working for Makdi, I didn’t pay much attention to learning. That time it was completely professional. To be relevant, I can say that I got the sense of preparation for the scenes from Shabana Azmi (in Makdi). It also helped me to tune my body language and down-to-earth adaptation to the situations. From Mithun Chakrabarty, I got the point as to how to get into the characterization. In KBL, I found working with senior artistes like Jayasudha, Brahmanandam and all. This made me catch the plus points and learn from the minus points.
I have got great memory power. It’s my strength. See, working for a film like KBL with Telugu being completely alien to me, I had to work on a new horizon. I had to be quick in dialogue delivery. Ten minutes before the shoot of the scene, I was told the dialogues, which I had to enact live. Secondly, I have passion for work. I enjoy what I do. I am always used to work with agility.
Studies is ever important to me, that too coming from a family wielding highly educated professionals in high posts… doctors, engineers, CAs. My parents don’t love me if I have no mind for education. Now, I am doing my 11th at a CBSE high school in Mumbai. I will continue and set to do B.Com. I concentrate on the present and plan for the future.
I don’t necessarily study and do a job. To be an actress, I don’t need to have a degree as qualification. But, education is important to me. To be literate is a must. I know what I am doing.
I am new, but got a very banner (production house). The script was real, fresh, though we have seen many love stories. I could work with senior artistes. Music and cinematography were fantastic. I had lots of experiences each day working with the KBL team. Actually, I am an outsider. The culture here is different to me. Each day, it was like a struggle to me with the language and culture… and I enjoyed all these.
I got the National Award. More than that, I got an international award as the Best Supporting Actress Award at the Karachi Film Festival. I could do the dual role in Makdi. Though a staunch Hindu, I donned the role of a Muslim girl in Iqbal. I played role of mother less child in Bengali film. Now, in KBL, I did the role as Swapna, which is completely the opposite of mine in real life. Getting recognized as a child artiste and with a rising career, I say… I am greedy right now. I am greedy to do more difficult and challenging roles. I can do them only when I am at them.
I don’t have a fan mail. Living in Mumbai, I don’t know much about the audience here. Now, with this KBL success, I got to know that I got much craze among the youth in Andhra Pradesh. I know, the audiences are the real judges. I am delighted and happy now.
I have aplenty. But, I can’t disclose to you right now. There is a commitment in Bollywood in which I would be launched as heroine. Five big banners from Telugu film industry approached me after the release of KBL. Nothing has yet been committed to. Let me see.





1 comment: