Latest Posts

Arjumand Rahim

Arjumand is a talented TV and stage artist, with equal dedication to on and off screen work. She is a film maker as well as actor, with a passion for creating imaginative and original works that viewers and critics alike can enjoy.
In an exclusive Rendezvous with The Saturday Post, Arjumand talks about her acting career, film making, Pakistani film and TV, and more...
As an actor, what type of roles do you want to play?
Anything that’s well thought out and mapped with sensitivity and care. Anything that’s evocative. As an actor, it’s my job to bring the writer’s imagination to life.
You spent some time in Bollywood, working on a couple of film projects. How was the experience?
Well, it’s true that I signed two films during my stint in Bombay but due to different reasons I couldn’t complete either project. Upon hindsight, I am glad it didn’t work out and my decisions, which seemed rash at the time, make a lot of sense today and have swung in my favor! I did act in theatre while I was there and my experience was wonderful. I found the process more professional, and the people more committed to their chosen professions.
What do you think of the Pakistani film industry? What is holding us back from producing films of international standards?
Education. Lack of it. That’s what’s holding us back. If the powers that be were more aware and read about the transitions internationally, we wouldn’t be where we are today. Our commercial film industry is in the hands of petty minded small time thinkers and financers who don’t have the ability to see a market beyond Pakistan.

No comments